From Rivendell Wiki
This section contains User Guides that can be used by end users. Information for system administrators is in other areas of the wiki.
- The Rivendell Cookbook
- Rivendell Operations and Administration Guide
- How to Schedule Music - on The-Brett-Blog - Excellent Work with Screen Shots!
- Managing Scheduler Rules
- Log Creation and Music Scheduling
- Creating logs from the command line
- Log Transitions
- How to setup a rotation of fill in logs that can be loaded via a macro
- What to use the Aux1 and Aux2 logs for?
- How to use wildcards in the logname, using the RML command LL
- Importing External Logs into Rivendell - Also see Importing External logs into Rivendell - Music and Traffic
- Delayed playback
- Using rdimport to import mp3 files - Also works for wav files.
- Generating Reports
- Recording airchecks with gpi from microphone switch
- How to do network breaks with multiple Rivendell machines
- How do I make Rivendell play Audio from the "Line In" of the Sound Card on the air?
- How to play time tone pips and fade the currently playing audio
- How to handle Daylight Savings Time/Summer Time changes in Rivendell
- How to delete old voice track carts from RDLibrary
- RDCatch - How to setup downloads and dayparting for prerecorded daily programs
- RDCatch - How to manually run missed events
System Administrator Guides
This secton should not contain information for end users or details of how to setup, configure or troubleshoot Rivendell.
- Understanding users in Rivendell - Describes various types of users, including Linux, Rivendell and Mysql users.
- Migrating audio and database entries from one Rivendell system to another
- Auto-Recovery After a Power Failure
- Remote Administration with VNC
- Rivendell daemons
- Problems backing up or restoring the Rivendell Database
- Rivendell Reference Manual
- Rivendell Operations Guide
- Rivendell Operations Guide is now available on-line.
- Rivendell Technical and Administration Guide - Only exists in skeleton form.
- Rivendell Documentation installed when Rivendell is installed
- Rivendell Application Notes
- Rivendell Design Documentation
- Preparing Translations
- Rivendell News File
- Rivendell Database Schema Versions
- Standard Rivendell documentation that should be installed in doc/rivendell
- RDGpiMon - How to monitor GPI events.
- RML MB command - How to use the Rivendell Macro Language (RML) Message Box (MB) Display
- Rivendell Loadable Module SDK - For Sending Now & Next Data to external systems
- Dropboxes - How to use dropboxes to send and receive audio.
- Podcasting crash course