Setup & Configuration
From Rivendell Wiki
Revision as of 14:53, 16 March 2018 by Higgles (Created page with "=== Rivendell Setup & Configuration === ==== General ==== * Post installation configuration tasks - Things you may need to do after installing...")
- 1 Rivendell Setup & Configuration
Rivendell Setup & Configuration
- Post installation configuration tasks - Things you may need to do after installing Rivendell.
- Choosing how to start Rivendell - Describes how to enable multiple Linux user access to Rivendell.
- How to change the text editor that RDLogManager logs and other reports in Rivendell display with to another editor
- How do I make Rivendell play Audio from the "Line In" of the Sound Card on the air?
- rdadmin database creation and other dialog screens - Contains examples of various Rivendell user dialog screens.
- How to import audio from a windows/samba shared folder on Ubuntu - Similar techniques can be used with other distributions.
- How to rename a Rivendell host
- Setting Up A Local Firewall On The Rivendell System
- How to Upgrade Rivendell to version 2 from an earlier version
- How to trigger events from tones on your network
- Streaming from Rivendell
- How to setup an On Screen Keyboard
- How to get now playing information into a text file - You may also need to refer to Rivendell Loadable Module SDK
Configuring Audio Subsystems (ALSA and Jack) to work with Rivendell
Sound card setups
Setting up a Networked Rivendell System
- Setting Up the Audio Library On a Different Machine
- Can I move just my audio carts to another Rivendell System?
- Setting Up Rivendell for Remote Client Access
- Setting up a dedicated Rivendell MySQL and audio store server
- Setting Up a Hot Standby Host (appnote0003)
- Setup of Hot Standby rdcatchd events
- Proper MySQL database migration
- DHCP vs. static IP addresses
- NFS Server and Client Configuration
Touch screen Setups
General Purpose Input/Output (GPIO) Setups
Rivendell Setup Troubleshooting
- RDAdmin first start - "Wrong access permissions for accessing mysql!"
- Test tone will not play after initial setup
- No Sound output or input after setting up Jack or Audio Science Sound Card when they were not the first card
- Delayed playback response on click info
- Garbled audio, alsa error 32: Broken pipe, Xrun errors
- Ubuntu - No sound/sound card in Rivendell after setup
- Ubuntu - After installation I get an error "Cannot start Rivendell daemons"
- KXStudio or Kubuntu (KDE Desktop) - Can't set colors in RDlogmanager events/clocks
- CHAIN TO at end of log does not always work properly
- How to fine tune ALSA to minimize the varying delay/gap when segueing(~50-150ms)
- Error Message - rdfilewrite: unable to open output file
- Error Message - Cart Creation Failure Unable to create new cart for voice track
- Gray buttons in RDLogEdit on Windows Rivendell Host
- I have sound but the levels are very low. How do I increase them?
- The meters only work if I am logged in as root
- Importing an audio file gets to about 50%, pauses, and then fails with an unhelpful error
- My Dropbox doesn't import any of the audio files I put in there
- Serial port Troubleshooting
- CD ripping Troubleshooting
- GPIs and GPOs Troubleshooting