From Rivendell Wiki
Revision as of 00:13, 7 November 2018 by ElvishArtisan (Initial page creation)
The next major version of Rivendell [v3.x] is currently in ALPHA testing. It includes the following enhancements over Rivendell 2.x:
- Fully Unicode-complaint, with support for both Basic Multilingual Plane [BMP] and Supplemental characters.
- Upgraded the Qt Toolkit dependency to use Qt4.
- High density log play-out (up to 20 per-instance), using 'virtual logs' that do not require an active X Windows server instance.
- Portable library to simplify creation of WebAPI clients (available for Linux and Windows)
- Increase in the maximum number of audio cards to 24 per instance.
- Increase in the maximum number of audio ports to 24 per card.
- Synchronous event notification between instances.
- Scalability to hundreds of instances using a single database.
- Full support for Systemd.
- Added rddbmgr(8) for managing the database.
- Added rddbconfig(8) for GUI-based database create/backup/restoration.