From Rivendell Wiki
Welcome to the Rivendell Wiki dedicated to Rivendell
Here you'll find the collected wisdom of our contributors who are involved in broadcasting facilities of all shapes and sizes. Please feel free to contribute from your experience as well.
What is Rivendell?
Rivendell is a full-featured radio automation system targeted for use in professional broadcast environments. It is available under the GNU General Public License. See the Rivendell Project for a more detailed description.
Where is the old Wiki?
You can find an archived copy of the old Wiki on the archive.org website here.
If you are new to Rivendell, you might want to start here:
A Rivendell Broadcast Appliance CD based on the CentOS operating system (64 bit only) can be downloaded from here. This contains Rivendell version 2 and it can be updated on line to the latest version of Rivendell once installed. Rivendell can also be installed using an installation script. Instructions for this can be found here.
- Installing Rivendell - How to install Rivendell on various Linux distributions.
- Hardware Compatibility Lists - What Soundcards, Switchers and Touchscreen Monitors work with Rivendell?
- Computers for Rivendell - What machines are people using to run Rivendell?
- The mailing lists - Probably the most active area for help and discussion on Rivendell.
- IRC - There is an Internet Relay Chat (IRC) channel setup that various people frequent for helping others with Rivendell. Try this if you need interactive help or troubleshooting.
- Glossary - A glossary of terms you may want to be familiar with in the context of Rivendell.
- Facebook - Request to join if you are a facebook user
- Planning your installation - A list of things you should consider before installing Rivendell.
Rivendell Setup & Configuration
Instructions and help with the setup and configuration of Rivendell can be found here
Other Useful Resources
Other Useful Resources are available. These cover areas that go beyond Rivendell.
Commercial Rivendell Support
- Code documentation
- Development direction of Rivendell
- Compiling Rivendell Components in Windows
- Changing the version number for RPMs
- WAVE file and meta data info
Rivendell Project History
Rivendell was created by Salem Radio Laboratories, a division of Salem Communications, a national network of Christian radio stations and program services. The main developer is now at Paravel Systems.