From Rivendell Wiki
Oh no, not again!
- Cheerleading the adoption of (yet) another automation system.
Swapping out radio automation systems is kind of like rebuilding your home after a fire or a flood. It’s a massive, disruptive change for the entire station(s). You may want to think again if you’re thinking about doing this... I’ll wait...
Okay! So, you have decided to consider implementing Rivendell. Here is a list of Rivendell benefits you can share with others at your organization:
- Implementing Rivendell incurs no on-going software licensing fees
- Updating the underlying software (the so-called “operating system“) is under your complete control: no automatic software updates
- Rivendell is one of the most stable automation systems available in the Universe
- With its macro programming and web application interface it can pretty much do anything. Seriously. Make coffe? Done that.
- Rivendell is actively developed and commercially supported
- Though you may never contribute to the source code or the documentation, it’s nice to know that you could, and that many people do
- It is relatively straight-forward to convert from any other radio automation system to Rivendell
- You can make podcasts with Rivendell!
- Rivendell has an active user community with mailing lists for users and developers
- Rivendell’s reporting capabilities support back-office functions including such things as traffic proof of performance and PRO compliance